- The SV-98 can be used in virtually the same manner as the Mosin-Nagant.
- However, the 10-round detachable magazine requires an adjustment in reload strategy.
- During combat, reloading the SV-98 when there are more than 5 bullets in the magazine is a waste of time. Five bullets is enough ammo to kill several enemies, and reloading the SV-98 gives them time to heal and reload their weapons.
- Although it is a Sniper Rifle, the SV-98 is also useful in close quarters. It deals more damage per shot than the SPAS-12 and its shot does not spread when going down a hallway.
- The SV-98 is much more effective if the player can quickswitch. This is extremely effective if the player quickswitches between the SV-98 and another Sniper/Shotgun.
- The real-life SV-98 was made by Vladimir Stronskiy from Russia in 1998.
- The SV-98 is nicknamed “Mosin 2.0” by the Devs because many of it’s stats are better than the most common bolt action sniper in the game, the Mosin Nagant.
- As was confirmed by Justin, the SV-98 is rarer than the Saiga-12, officially making it the 3rd rarest gun in the game behind the M249 and AWM-S.
- The weapon icon does not appear to have a scope, which would make aiming this gun at long range difficult. Most SV-98s would have a scope attached.
The SV-98 is one of the rarest weapon in the game, falling behind the M249, USAS-12, and Golden Airdrop weapons. It is verified to be rarer than the Saiga-12 by Justin, and mainly spawns in golden containers in the Docks, where it is commonly found with a 4x scope and rarely found with an 8x scope. It has a 1/26 chance of the golden Container with the SV-98 in the Docks. It also spawns in normal ground loot, but is very rare.
Pros and Cons
- High damage
- Has the longest range of all the Weapons
- High Capacity (For a Sniper Rifle)
- High velocity
- Very Accurate
- Highest firerate of all sniper rifles
- Great quickswitch capability
- Low DPS
- Slows movement speed a lot for a few seconds with each shot
Damage for Armors
|80||No Helmet||Level 1 Helmet||Level 2 Helmet||Level 3 Helmet||Leader Helmet|
|Level 1 Vest||60||55.5||52.8||50.1||47.4|
|Level 2 Vest||49.6||45.88||43.648||41.416||39.184|
|Level 3 Vest||44||40.7||38.72||36.74||34.76|
|120||No Helmet||Level 1 Helmet||Level 2 Helmet||Level 3 Helmet||Leader Helmet|
|Level 1 Vest||120||90||72||54||36|
|Level 2 Vest||120||90||72||54||36|
|Level 3 Vest||120||90||72||54||36|