The Degtyaryov Machine Gun (Russian: "Пулемёт Дегтярёвa Пехотный"), DP-27, known as the DP-28in the game, is a fully-automatic LMG in Surviv.io, added in the "LMGesus!" update on December 12th, 2017 that is chambered in the powerful 7.62 mm Ammo. Its large magazine and high damage compensate for its moderate accuracy.
The DP-28 is a noticeable gun in-game because it is black and features a black circle over a part of it while being held in a players hand.
- The DP-28's advantage lies in its large magazine size. When using the DP-28, it is important to use this advantage by not giving your opponents time to hide while reloading.
- Although the DP-28 has a reputation for poor accuracy, it is actually as accurate as the AK-47 when moving, and slightly more accurate when not.
- Since it is an LMG, it has increased damage to over and with it's large magazine size, you can easily flush people out of cover by destroying it.
- Pack a lot of 7.62mm ammo, you will need a lot when using this gun.
- The key to using the DP-28 to its full power is to use it at far-range. An 8x Scope is recommended.
- The DP-28 has the 3rd highest capacity of all weapons, only falling behind the M249 and the QBB-97, meaning that it can outlast all the Assault Rifles and the BAR M1918 LMG. In terms of DPS, the DP has a very low DPS, lowest of all the Assault Rifles and LMGs (121.74), meaning that directly fighting the DP-28 will lead to a direct win, unless your opponent has better armor. Do keep in mind that since the DP has a mag of 60, it will most likely outlast your weapon, and attack you while reloading. When reloading, either stay behind an obstacle, but that is risky since LMGs are given a damage boost to Obstacles (DP-28 and QBB-97 has a boost to 50%, the BAR M1918 and M249 has a boost of 75%)to destroy them faster, or spin and move around to avoid the bullets, which can sometimes offend your opponent and they'll perform worse.
Pros and Cons
- Does 50% extra damage to Obstacles
- High damage
- High magazine
- Slow fire rate
- Slow recoil
- Low DPS
- high reload
Damage for Armors
|14||No Helmet||Level 1 Helmet||Level 2 Helmet||Level 3 Helmet||Leader Helmet|
|Level 1 Vest||10.5||9.7125||9.24||8.7675||8.295|
|Level 2 Vest||8.68||8.029||7.6384||7.2478||6.8572|
|Level 3 Vest||7.7||7.1225||6.776||6.4295||6.083|
|28||No Helmet||Level 1 Helmet||Level 2 Helmet||Level 3 Helmet||Leader Helmet|
|Level 1 Vest||28||21||16.8||12.6||8.4|
|Level 2 Vest||28||21||16.8||12.6||8.4|
|Level 3 Vest||28||21||16.8||12.6||8.4|
- The correct name of the machine gun is actually "DP-27". It is known as the DP-28 in Western countries.
- In the game, the 60-round capacity is inaccurate. A true DP magazine only holds 47 rounds of ammunition. It could be argued that the weapon was modified to accept a 60-round DT pan magazine. However, this is clearly not the case, as the icon for the DP features the 47-round magazine.
- When firing, the DP-28 ejects spent casings to the right of the gun. In real life, the DP actually ejects cartridges downwards.
- It is one of the few guns with a visible magazine, along with the QBB-97 and M249.
- This was the first LMG-class weapon added to the game.
- Prior to update 0.6.31, the DP-28 was relatively rare and was an Airdrop weapon. As of that update, it was removed from airdrops and had its drop rate boosted.
- Some people nickname the DP-28 the 'Dinner plate' 28, due to the absurdity of its magazine.
- The DP-28 is the most common LMG.