Assault Rifles are a type of Weapon with a high rate of fire, long range, moderate damage per shot, and average to high DPS. In surviv.io, the most common assault rifles are the M416, AK-47, FAMAS, and the Groza. Additionally, rarer Assault Rifles include the SCAR-H (though the SCAR-H is actually a battle rifle, it is functionally similar to Assault Rifles in-game and thus may be grouped with them for the sake of brevity), the Groza-S, M4A1-S, and the Event exclusive AN-94. Some Assault Rifles shoot in bursts, meaning that they shoot 2 or 3 bullets with a delay in between.
|AK-47||7.62mm||A fully-automatic assault rifle with balanced stats that uses 7.62mm ammo. It has decent damage and accuracy but a mediocre fire rate. Overall, it has average performance and is capable of beating players with mid tier Equipment.|
|M416||5.56mm||Fully-automatic assault carbine using 5.56mm ammo. The M416 has a much higher fire rate and great DPS, but much lower damage in exchange. It is often compared to the AK-47 as both are somewhat uncommon Assault Rifles with similar stats.|
|SCAR-H||7.62mm||Full-automatic battle rifle that uses 7.62mm ammo. It has a good rate and great damage, but has a small magazine size of 20.|
|FAMAS||5.56mm||French burst-fire Assault rifle that uses 5.56mm ammo. Fires 3-round bursts that are capable of killing an unarmored player in only two bursts. However, this gun has a lower magazine capacity than other assault rifles. The weapon is uncommon, and has the similar rarity as the Groza.|
|AN-94||7.62mm||A very rare 2-round burst 7.62mm assault rifle, exclusive to 50v50, Cobalt, and Desert. With a low burst delay, long range, and the highest damage of all Assault Rifles, the AN-94 is a very powerful weapon. Its counterpart is the Super 90.|
|M4A1-S||5.56mm||A very rare, suppressed assault carbine chambered for 5.56mm. High accuracy, decent damage, highest DPS out of all Assault Rifles, and faded bullets compensates for high rarity and sluggish reload.|
|Groza||7.62mm||A 7.62mm hybrid between AK-47 and M416. Decent fire rate and moderate damage, with the drawback of a longer reload time and poorer accuracy. It is about as rare as the FAMAS.|
|Groza-S||7.62mm||The rare, suppressed variant of the Groza. Its bullets fade over time like the M4A1-S, with higher damage per shot, DPS, and accuracy than the Groza. Only found in the Red Emblem Case underneath the Crimson Ring Club.|
|Water Gun||7.62mm||A 7.62mm shooting weapon that causes a special effect. It is ubiquitous in the Beach Map, and can be found in coolers. Although it may look like a pistol, it is technically an Assault Rifle in the game's code.|
- Most Assault Rifles are highly versatile, useful both at long range and at mid-range.
- Assault Rifles mostly specialize in mid-range combat, so staying at that zone will give you a large advantage.
- Keeping a Shotgun will give an advantage at close range fights.
- Assault Rifles with high damage and accuracy provide great offensive pressure against enemies trying to heal or run away.
- Some Assault Rifles use up Ammo very quickly. Bursts of five to ten bullets can be used instead of simply holding down the fire button and spraying, conserving much more ammo and greatly improving accuracy.
- Assault Rifles are best used with Perks that increase average DPS, such as Hollow-points.
- All Assault Rifles have 30 round magazines, except the AN-94 (45 rounds), the SCAR-H (20 rounds), and the FAMAS (25 rounds).
- Similarly, most Assault Rifles have an ammo capacity of 40 with the Firepower perk.
- The FAMAS F1 uses the 25-round magazine but the G2 variant of the gun can accept 30-round magazine in real life.
- The AN-94 almost always uses 5.45x45mm ammunition in real life; the in-game version is a rare 7.62x39mm variant.
- The only difference in the images between the Groza and the Groza-S is the suppressor and the Groza-S takes out the handle on the barrel as seen on the normal Groza.
- Despite the FAMAS being much more common than the AN-94, they have extremely similar stats and DPS.
- The AN-94 is the only burst weapon in the game to shoot 2 bullets in a burst instead of 3.
- Although the Water Gun looks like a Pistol, it is technically an assault rifle in the game's code.