The Avtomat Kalashnikova, officially known as the AK, and most famously known as the AK-47 in the west, is a 7.62mm Assault Rifle that was designed in 1947 within the U.S.S.R (Soviet Union). It is a balanced weapon overall and is useful at most ranges.
The AK-47 was produced by the Russian inventor Mikhail Kalashnikov to replace the outdated Mosin Nagant rifles and PPSH-41 Sub-machine-guns, due to the Soviets being impressed with the German Sturmgewehr 44, or STG-44, wanting their own version. It was famed for being very cheap, and very efficient due to being easy to use, easy to clean, and because it was rare for it to jam. It is still used in small militaries and militias, and even terrorists to this day.
- The AK-47 is useful at any time during the game, and one would be lucky to get one early-game as it will probably get them kills in the double-digits. The AK-47 and the MP220 make a deadly combination and can almost guarantee a chicken dinner if one plays their cards right.
- Combined with Saiga-12 you could become unstoppable by throwing grenades to flush them out to where you are, then use the AK-47 when they move out of range for the Saiga-12, or by finishing them off with the AK.
- The AK-47 has a slightly lower DPS than the M416, although its superior accuracy makes up for this deficit.
Damage for Armors
|13||No Helmet||Level 1 Helmet||Level 2 Helmet||Level 3 Helmet||Leader Helmet|
|Level 1 Vest||9.75||9.01875||8.58||8.14125||7.7025|
|Level 2 Vest||8.06||7.4555||7.0928||6.7301||6.3674|
|Level 3 Vest||7.15||6.61375||6.292||5.97025||5.6485|
|26||No Helmet||Level 1 Helmet||Level 2 Helmet||Level 3 Helmet||Leader Helmet|
|Level 1 Vest||26||19.5||15.6||11.7||7.8|
|Level 2 Vest||26||19.5||15.6||11.7||7.8|
|Level 3 Vest||26||19.5||15.6||11.7||7.8|
- Get in an extremely close proximity of the enemy as the length of the AK-47 is too long to fire at someone that's up in their face. This strategy is best used when you are using a pistol, melee weapon, or short length SMG or rifle.
Pros and Cons
- Decent damage output for an Assault Rifle
- Long range
- Decent reload time
- Slower than average fire rate
- The icon for the AK-47 is actually based on the AKM, indicated by its slanted muzzle brake. A true AK-47 would have a flat muzzle brake. AKMs are often mistaken for AK-47s in media due to their similar appearances.
- The AK-47 was one of the first weapons to be featured in the game.
- Although the Woods Map is supposed to only spawn LMGs and Shotguns, it could also spawn an AK-47 and a Mosin-Nagant via the Cache Feature.
- In real life, it is less accurate than it's cousin the HK416.